A Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility licensed by the State of Nevada and proudly accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) serving 8-17 year old youth.
The Never Give Up Youth Healing Center (NGUYHC) serves clients with behavioral, emotional, psychiatric, and psychological disorders or conditions whose needs are no longer met in acute or less restrictive care. The co-occuring treatment offered at the Never Give Up Youth Healing center includes individual, group, and family therapy sessions. A strong cognitive behavioral approach is the basis of treatment at NGUYHC along with prosocial modeling. The program at NGUYHC incorporates the risks-needs-responsivity model to help determine the appropriate level of service. Never Give Up Youth Healing Center offers an experiential home-like setting with activities that require typical day-to-day decision making and problem solving in a safe and secure environment. Daily activities include various therapies, academics, life skills training, service opportunities, and recreational activities to prepare clients for a successful and smooth transition back home, to school, and to the community.
The vision of the Never Give Up Youth Healing Center is to prepare clients for a successful transition home by gaining the critical knowledge, skills, and dispositions needed to become positive, contributing members of their families and communities.
The mission of the Never Give up Youth Healing Center is to provide resources, guidance, and encouragement to clients as they meet challenging personal, physical, and academic goals ensuring a successful transition.
The focus of Never Give Up Youth Healing Center is the successful transition and reintegration back into the home, school, and community.
At Never Give Up Youth Healing Center we offer a variety of services including academics, residential living, and therapeutic services. For academics, we offer clients either a college preparatory or basic high school diploma, SAT and ACT preparation and testing, Individual Education Planning (IEP), transferable credits, credit recovery, academic testing, vocational classes, and educational field trips and intramurals. For residential living, we offer 24 hour supervision, prosocial behavior modeling, healthy living, positive values development, community service projects, and health and wellness activities. We strive to teach clients leadership, problem solving, and time management skills. Clients will also receive a variety of therapeutic services at NGUYHC including individual, family, and group therapies. We offer clinical assessments and testing on site with individualized treatment planning, and medication management.
- College Preparatory Diploma or Basic High School Diploma
- SAT I ACT Preparation and Testing
- Individualized Education Planning
- Special Education Program
- Small Classroom Settings
- Transferable Credits
- Credit Recovery
- Enrichment Classes
- Academic Testing
- Vocational Classes
- Education Field Trips and Intramurals
- 24 hour Supervision
- Relation Based Treatment
- Pro Social Behavior – Leadership Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Time Management Skills
- Positive Values Development
- Community Service Projects
- Health and Wellness Activities
PSYCHIATRIC And THERAPEUTIC SERVICES
NGUYHC utilizes a treatment team model in which each child is evaluated by the team with treatment interventions developed based on the individual needs of the youth.
- MD – Psychiatrist, Board Certified in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- Psychiatric Services
- Medication Management such as APRNs and PAs.
- Clinical Assessments and Testing
- Typical Diagnoses: Attachment issues, Adoption issues, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD ), ADD/ADHD, Clinical Depression, and Bipolar
- Individualized Treatment Planning
- Therapy Services
- Licensed therapists and mental health professionals such as LCSW, LMFT, CMHC and interns.
- Specialized Therapeutic Services
- Weekly Individual Sessions
- Weekly Family Sessions via Telephone or Video
- Required Student and Family Therapeutic Course Work
- Specialty Groups (self-esteem, anger management, boundary issues, attachment, experiential learning activities)
- Neurofeedback and other related services
- Medical Monitoring and Care On Site (Registered Nurses and/or LPNs, medical support staff)
- Non-Denominational Spirituality Services
*Case reviews for chemical dependency can be conducted to determine severity of poly-substance abuse/addiction and availability of chemical dependency/addiction groups.
Meet The Team
Never Give Up Behavioral Health Services has assembled the best outpatient and adolescent residential mental health treatment staff in Nevada to serve families and individuals. Never Give Up Behavioral Health Services team includes more than 20+ therapists, Psychiatrist, Nurse Practitioners, Dietitian and specialists from Nevada and Utah, with a wide range of degrees and experience.
Dr. Uzoma Osuchukwu
MD, Psychiatrist, Chief Medical Coordinator
Folaalela Tiatia (Risa)
Our Admissions Process
Never Give Up Youth Healing Center clients are evaluated on a case-by-case basis to ensure that NGUYHC is the right fit for our client’s needs. To begin the admissions process, please create an account in our client portal. Once registered, you will fill out a admissions application under “Begin New Application.” Our Admissions team will contact you after receiving the application in order to complete the application process. Our Admissions Team will require a Psychiatric Evaluation signed by a Medical Doctor within the past six months before review of the application can begin. Never Give Up Youth Healing Center accepts Nevada Medicaid and most private insurances, on a case-by-case basis.