A Psychiatric Residential Treatment Facility licensed by the State of Nevada and proudly accredited by the Commission on the Accreditation of Residential Facilities (CARF) serving 8-17 year old youth.
The Never Give Up Youth Healing Center (NGUYHC) serves clients with behavioral, emotional, psychiatric, and psychological disorders or conditions whose needs are no longer met in acute or less restrictive care. The co-occuring treatment offered at the Never Give Up Youth Healing center includes individual, group, and family therapy sessions. A strong cognitive behavioral approach is the basis of treatment at NGUYHC along with prosocial modeling. The program at NGUYHC incorporates the risks-needs-responsivity model to help determine the appropriate level of service. Never Give Up Youth Healing Center offers an experiential home-like setting with activities that require typical day-to-day decision making and problem solving in a safe and secure environment. Daily activities include various therapies, academics, life skills training, service opportunities, and recreational activities to prepare clients for a successful and smooth transition back home, to school, and to the community.
The vision of the Never Give Up Youth Healing Center is to prepare clients for a successful transition home by gaining the critical knowledge, skills, and dispositions needed to become positive, contributing members of their families and communities.
The mission of the Never Give up Youth Healing Center is to provide resources, guidance, and encouragement to clients as they meet challenging personal, physical, and academic goals ensuring a successful transition.
The focus of Never Give Up Youth Healing Center is the successful transition and reintegration back into the home, school, and community.
At Never Give Up Youth Healing Center we offer a variety of services including academics, residential living, and therapeutic services. Academically we offer clients either a college preparatory or basic high school diploma, SAT and ACT Preparation and testing, Individual Education Planning (IEP), Special Education Programming, Transferable Credits, Credit Recovery, Educational Field Trips and intramurals, academic testing, and vocational classes. At NGUYHC we offer a 24 hour supervision, prosocial behavior modeling, healthy living, positive values development, and community services projects. We strive to teach clients leadership, problem solving, and time managements skills. Clients will also receive a variety of therapeutic services at NGUYHC including individual, family, and group therapies. We offer clinical assessments and testing on site with individualized treatment planning, medication management, and speciality groups.
- College Preparatory Diploma or Basic High School Diploma
- SAT I ACT Preparation and Testing
- Individualized Education Planning
- Special Education Program
- Small Classroom Settings
- Transferable Credits
- Credit Recovery
- Enrichment Classes
- Education Field Trips, Intramurals
- Academic Testing
- Vocational Classes
- 24 hours Awake Supervision
- Relation Based Treatment
- Pro Social Behavior – Leadership Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Time Management Skills
- Positive Values Development
- Healthy Living
- Community Service Projects
PSYCHIATRIC And THERAPEUTIC SERVICES
- Clinical Assessments and Testing
- Typical Diagnoses: Attached Issues, Adoption issues, Poly-substance abuse/ addiction, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD ), ADD/ ADHD, clinical depression, Bipolar, Opposition al or Defiant Behaviors, Conduct Disorder
- Individualized Treatment Planning
- MD – Psychiatrist, Board Certified (child and adolescent psychiatry)
- Psychiatric Services
- Medical Monitoring (Registered Nurses) and Medication Management (APRNs/PAs)
- Therapy Services
- Licensed therapists and mental health professionals (LCSW, LMFT, etc … )
- Specialized Therapeutic Services
- Weekly Individual Sessions
- Weekly Family Sessions via Telephone or Video
- Required Student and Family Therapeutic Course Work
- Specialty Groups ( chemical dependency addiction groups, self-esteem, anger management, boundary issues, attachment, experiential learning activities)
- Neurofeedback and other related services Medical Care Available
Meet The Team
Never Give Up Behavioral Health Services has assembled the best outpatient and adolescent residential mental health treatment staff in Nevada to serve families and individuals. Never Give Up Behavioral Health Services team includes more than 20+ therapists, Psychiatrist, Nurse Practitioners, Dietitian and specialists from Nevada and Utah, with a wide range of degrees and experience.
Dr. Uzoma Osuchukwu
MD, Psychiatrist, Chief Medical Coordinator
Folaalela Tiatia (Risa)
Health Wellness Coordinator
Residential Services Coordinator
Our Admissions Process
Never Give Up Youth Healing Center clients are evaluated on a case-by-case basis to ensure that NGUYHC is the right fit for our client’s needs. To begin the admissions process, please create an account in our client portal. Once registered, you will fill out a admissions application under “Begin new Application.” Our Admissions team will contact you after receiving the application in order to complete the application process. Our Admissions Team will require a six month Psychiatric Evaluation signed by a Medical Doctor before review of the application can begin. Never Give Up Youth Healing Center accepts Nevada Medicaid and most private insurances, on a case-by-case basis.